Internal Billings

Charges between departments are usually accomplished using journal transfers and ordinarily should be initiated by the department being charged.  Because these charges often do not involve a formal invoice, adequate paperwork documenting the allocation of charges to the grant should be kept on file. More information on interdepartmental charges can be found on the FAS Policy website.