- Dates: January 9th, 11th, 13th 9:00am-12:00pm
- Location: Science Center, Hall E (Cambridge, MA)
- Registration is required: Register here
- RCR Course Webpage: http://projects.iq.harvard.edu/ras-rcr
- NIH and NSF-Specific RCR Requirements: http://research.fas.harvard.edu/responsible-conduct-research-course#agencyguidance
Registration for the January Responsible Conduct of Research Course is now open! Available free of charge to any Harvard-affiliated individuals, RCR is a highly recommended “best practices” course for those desiring to deepen their knowledge of ethical research and responsible conduct. RCR is a 3-day course, which uses pre-work and interactive discussions to examine basic ethical and regulatory requirements for conducting research. Topics covered include: research and professional conduct; responsible authorship and publication; mentor-mentee relationships; conflicts of interest; peer review; grant writing and budgeting; intellectual property; data acquisition and management; ownership of data and biological samples; and research involving human and animal subjects. A certificate will be issued to all participants upon successful course completion.