Yes, many agencies and sponsors have electronic funding alert services, including those listed below. Additionally, you can sign up for the FAS Division of Science Funding Spotlight RSS Feed for information on notable opportunities and limited submission opportunities.
National Science Foundation (NSF)
- National Science Foundation Update: A daily email alert service with subscription options that include new research opportunities, upcoming deadlines, and other content categories.
- NSF Find Funding Search Tools
- Recently Announced Active Funding Opportunities
- Index of Funding Opportunities
- Advanced Funding Search
- Browse Funding by Program
National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- NIH News Releases: A daily news bulletin of new programs and findings from the NIH.
- NIH Guide for Grants and Contracts: The official publication for NIH medical and behavioral research Grant Policies, Guidelines and Funding Opportunities. Each week (usually on Friday afternoon), the NIH transmits an e-mail with Table of Contents (TOC) information for that week’s issue of the NIH Guide, via the NIH LISTSERV. The TOC includes a link to the Current NIH Guide Weekly Publication as well as links to each NIH Guide RFA, PA and Notice published for that week.
- NIH Funding Opportunities Available in RSS Format
- Advanced Funding Opportunities & Notices Search Results
- NASA Research Solicitation Announcements: An electronic Subscription Service available to obtain notification of the release of NASA research solicitation announcements.
Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
- Environmental Protection Agency: A list of all open announcements, not an automated search site.
Other Federal Resources
- The Federal Register: The official daily publication for rules, proposed rules, and notices of Federal agencies and organizations, as well as executive orders and other presidential documents. To subscribe to the Federal Register Table of Contents LISTSERV electronic mailing list, go to listserv.access.gpo.gov and select Online mailing list archives, FEDREGTOC-L, Join or leave the list (or change settings); then follow the instructions.
- Grants.gov Find Grant Opportunities: You can select either e-mail or subscribe to RSS notification of funding.